Algenol Facility - Sonoran Desert
Algenol, a private
Ethanol can be extracted from the process without killing the algae.
Algenol has signed a $850 million deal with a Mexican company BioFields to grow algae, one of the planet's first life forms, that has been trained to convert water, sunlight, and the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide into motor fuel.
Algenol plans to make 100 million gallons of ethanol, about the average annual capacity of one traditional
In addition to the $850 million BioFields deal, the company has also received about US$70 million in funding from investors.
Algenol also operates the world's largest algae library in
Algenol’s DIRECT TO ETHANOL™ technology can produce ethanol at an affordable price.
1. Algenol can sell ethanol at a price that is cheaper than any other fuel all across the
. United States
2. Algenol produces ethanol at a rate of over 6,000 gallons per acre per year.
• (Corn produces around 370 gallons per acre per year).
• (Sugarcane produces around 890 gallons per acre per year).
3. Algenol will exceed its target 10,000 gallons per acre per year by the end of 2008